So It Started
If you’ve read the “About” section, then you already know modeling is my earliest memory of having a ‘passion’ (read here http://www.poochisplace.com/)
I can’t explain why I like to be photographed, I just do LOL … all my selfie Kings and Queens, you understand me…
When I turned 18, I started to take modeling seriously. I worked with local photographers to build my posing skills. I know many people will joke about modeling being a skill, but it truly is a skill. Every opportunity I got to model, I was there. I have come across skilled and professional photographers as well as creepy non-photographers! (Be careful out there!).
Here are some things I wish someone told me when I first started:
- Have a goal in mind when you are being photographed, i.e. create a story for the character you are portraying. It will translate much better in your photos and you won’t look like a deer caught in headlights!
- Do not be afraid to walk away from a photographer that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- If you are unsure of a modeling gig, bring a friend and let your family and friends know exactly where you are.
- Have a clear idea of what type of modeling you want to pursue i.e. Commercial? Editorial? Lifestyle?
- The quality of your photos matter.
Until next time,
P.S. #LoveLatoya ❤